1st International ‘Alan Turing’ Conference on Decision Support and Recommender Systems (DSRS-Turing 2019)
- NEWS! - Extended Submission Deadline for Extended Abstracts! (Young Researchers Track) 8th September 2019 (23.59 GMT)
- NEWS! - Planning to submit an Extended Abstract to DSRS-Turing'19? Please send us an Expression of Interest E-mail at dsrs.turing(at)gmail(dot)com with tentative title and first author name. Thank you!
Decision Making processes constantly occur in our daily lives, both at an individual, collective and large-scale societal level. Even for machines and AI systems, making autonomous and rational decisions has nowadays become part of their core duties. Decision making often occurs amid highly dynamic, uncertain and data-pervaded scenarios, thereby becoming increasingly complex.
This conference based in the UK’s Alan Turing Institute brings together international researchers, industry professionals and domain experts to discuss latest trends and ongoing challenges in:
- Human and AI-driven complex decision making, e.g. group and multi-criteria decision-making.
- Role of Machine Learning and Data-Driven AI techniques in supporting decisions.
- Recommender Systems as tools for personalised decision support.
- Interdisciplinary applications of decision making, decision support and personalisation: management, health and wellbeing, smart cities and urban planning, sustainability, government, leisure and tourism, networking and recruitment, etc.
The event particularly aims at exploring the existing – or potential – interaction between various AI techniques and applications, and state-of-the-art decision support and recommendation approaches. Young researchers (PhD students, postdocs) are particularly encouraged to attend for an opportunity to network with – and receive advice from – leading experts in the field.
Topics of Interest
Students, researchers and professionals with interest or expertise in the following topics are encouraged to attend:
- Decision Support Systems: Theoretical Foundations, Models, Implementations and Applications
- Recommender Systems: Theoretical Foundations, Models, Algorithms, Implementations, Evaluation and Applications
- Decision-making, Decision Support and Personalisation based on...
- Machine Learning
- Data Analysis and Data Fusion
- Expert and Information Systems, Knowledge-based Systems
- Group and Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis
- Context-Aware Recommendation
- Reciprocal Recommender Systems
- Artificial Intelligence Methods
- Evolutionary Algorithms
- Computer Vision
- Natural Language Processing and Text Mining
- Social Network Analysis
- Financial Technologies
- Robotics, Autonomous and Multi-Agent Systems
- Fuzzy Systems and Uncertainty Modelling
- Urban Analytics, Smart Cities and IoT
- Fairness, Explainability, Privacy and Ethics
- Applications: Security, Health & Wellbeing, Environment, Impact, Government, Smart Cities, Manufacturing, Tourism and Leisure...
Young researchers are invited to submit extended abstracts in English.
- Any submissions within the scope of the Topics of Interest list are welcome.
- We recommend a maximum of 4 pages in single column formatting, please use the conference Template for preparing your submission (Download Template).
- The submission of the extended abstracts is intended for young researchers: PhD students, postdocs or academics/scientists who received their PhD on or after 2014.
- Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to showcase a poster – and optionally to present a demo – of their work, to network with and receive feedback from senior experts and attendees in general. Some selected authors will be also invited to deliver an 8-minute Flash Talk at a conference session.
- The submission and acceptance of an extended abstract are not requirements for attendance. This conference is open for registration by any delegates from across the Turing Institute and abroad.
After evaluation, notification of acceptance will be provided to authors via email.
Please note that the full submissions will not be published, but plans are underway to ellaborate a mini-proceedings booklet with short abstracts of accepted works.
Submission system now open! Submit your extended abstract here
Important dates and Registration
- Submission of Extended Abstracts (EXTENDED): 8th September 2019
- Registration opens: Mid September 2019 (tbd)
- Notification of acceptance of Extended Abstracts: 20th September 2019
- Registration closes: 31st October 2019
- DSRS-Turing Conference: 21-22nd November 2019
Registration will be available through the event page in the Alan Turing Institute website
Registration fee is £120
. The conference is partly sponsored by the Alan Turing Institute and so we have put every effort on keeping comparatively low registration fees to welcome all interested attendees. Registration includes access to the entire programme, coffee breaks, lunches, conference booklet, and an informal drinks reception on the evening of the first day.
Thursday 21st November
10.15am Welcome: Ivan Palomares-Carrascosa
10.30 Coffee break
11.00 Talk 1: Francisco Herrera
12.00 Flash talks (I)
12.45 Lunch break
14 Talk 2: Matthijs Spaan
15.00 Poster-demo Coffee Break
15.40 Talk 3: Julia Neidhardt
5pm-onwards social event
Friday 22nd November
10am Talk 4: Peter Flach
11 Coffee break
11.30 Talk 5: Christoph Trattner
12.30 Lunch break
13.45 Talk 6: Mounia Lalmas
14.45 Coffee break
15.05 Flash talks II
15.45 Panel discussion and closing
List of accepted papers
Organising Committee: Ivan Palomares Carrascosa
, University of Bristol, UK
: Ercan Ezin
- Hugo Alcaraz-Herrera (University of Bristol, UK)
- Benjamin Arana (University of Bristol, UK)
- Alejandro Bellogin (Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain)
- Katharina Burger (University of Bristol, UK)
- Ivan Cantador (Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain)
- Cristobal J. Carmona-del Jesus (Universidad de Jaen, Spain)
- Macarena Espinilla (Universidad de Jaen, Spain)
- Frank Hopfgartner (University of Sheffield, UK)
- Anna Jurek-Loughrey (Queen's University Belfast, UK)
- Mesut Kaya (Technological University (TU) Delft, Netherlands)
- Daniel Kershaw (Elsevier, UK)
- Sergey Kovalchuk (ITMO University, Russia)
- Zhiwei Lin (Ulster University, UK)
- Victoria Lopez (Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain)
- Eugenio Martinez-Camara (Universidad de Granada, Spain)
- Javier Medina (Universidad de Jaen, Spain)
- Rosana Montes (Universidad de Granada, Spain)
- Julia Neidhardt (Technological University (TU) of Wien, Austria)
- James Neve (University of Bristol, UK)
- Ivan Palomares (University of Bristol & The Alan Turing Institute, UK)
- Massimo Quadrana (Pandora Media, Italy)
- Oscar Gabriel Reyes-Pupo (Universidad de Córdoba, Spain)
- Raul Santos-Rodriguez (University of Bristol, UK)
- Hanna Schäfer (Technical University of Munich, Germany)
- Marko Tkalcic (Free University of Bolzano, Italy)
- Hengjie Zhang (Hohai University of Nanjing, China)
- Zhen Zhang (Dalian University of Technology, China)
DSRS-Turing Conference 21-22nd Nov 2019,
The Alan Turing Institute
, 96 Euston Rd, London NW1 2DB, London (United Kingdom).
Kings Cross and St Pancras International and Euston
King's Cross St. Pancras, Euston and Euston Square
Many services: including 10, 30, 59, 63, 73 and 91
There is no onsite parking.
The nearest car park is the NCP one in Judd Street, 10 minutes' walk away.
Metered parking (08:30 – 18:30) is available on Ossulston Street (3 spaces only).
There are covered and uncovered areas for bicycles. The best approach from central London is via Tavistock Place and Cartwright Gardens.
Transport for London cycle route planner
Transport for London: Journey Planner
DSRS-Turing Conference 2019 VISA Support Letters
Please go to the UK Visas and immigration
website to check if you need a UK visa in order to travel to the UK.
In order to obtain an invitation letter, please follow the following instructions:
The completed information form (i.e., the .cvs file), and any enquires related to invitation letter, should be
sent to Conference Secretary
If you have any questions or enquiries regarding this event, do not hesitate to contact dsrs.turing(at)gmail(dot)com, or alternatively get in touch with one of the conference organisers:
For website enquiries, please contact Ercan Ezin